The overall objective of the standardised set of services in 2017 is to support balanced regional development of Backa region by improving the availability, scope and quality of support services for the sector of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), cooperatives, local self-governments and founders of the Regional Development Agency Backa (RDA Backa).
Standardised set of services implemented by RDA Backa consists of six groups of services:
3. Advisory services
6. On-site monitoring and control within the Entrepreneurship Support Programme through the financial support for business start-ups implemented by the Ministry of Economy with the Development Fund of the Republic of Serbia
Regional Development Agency Backa (RDA Backa) provides information to the existing and potential micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), cooperatives and clusters related to:
1. Setting up a business – start up
2. National and international programmes for support to entrepreneurship
3. Available sources of funding (national and international)
4. Legal regulations and responsibilities, taxes and fees
5. Support which can be obtained through the "Enterprise Europe Network" (EEN) - conditions for export to foreign markets, technical rules and technical standards, transfer of technologies and knowledge, etc;
6. SME networking - establishing and operation of clusters, associations and cooperatives
7. Innovations, intellectual property protection
8. Quality standards
9. Possibilities for creating business partnerships
10. Information related to the specialised services - referral to specialised service providers;
11. Information regarding business and innovative incubators
12. Other information relevant for the operations of the SME sector, cooperatives and clusters
Regional Development Agency Backa (RDA Backa) organises the following trainings for the existing and potential small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), cooperatives, local self-governments and founders of RDA Backa:
1. How to start your own business - start up package (two days training);
2. Preparing a business plan and dealing with the banks (two days training);
3. Financial management (two days training);
4. Export - for those exporting for the first time (two days training);
5. Marketing and sales (two days training)
6. Review of the quality standards and environmental protection (two days training);
7. Electronic Business or e-business (one day training)
8. Innovations (one day training)
9. Preparation for the Single European Market (one day training);
10. Information Technologies and Business (one day training).
11. Investment readiness (two days training)
Advisory services provided by the Regional Development Agency Backa (RDA Backa) are:
1. Support to development of a business plan for applying for start-up loans by the Development Fund of the Republic of Serbia, and for subsidies for self-employment by the National Employment Service;
2. Support to development of a business plan for applying for other loans by the Development Fund of the Republic of Serbia;
3. Support to preparation of documents and application forms for entrepreneurship support programmes financed by the Ministry of Economy and Development Agency of Backa;
4. Support to registration and setting up of a business entity or cooperative.
Mentoring process is carried out according to the methodology of the National Agency for Regional Development (NARD), which was succeeded by the Development Agency of Serbia (RAS), developed in cooperation with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
Regional Development Agency Backa (RDA Backa) organises and participates in the promotion activities related to the promotion of entrepreneurship and various support programmes for the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), as well as for the promotion of the Backa region:
1) Support to the founders in the organization and / or participation in the national and international promotional events important for the regional development (fairs, conferences, local events within the Open Days - European Week of Regions and Cities, European SME Week), etc.);
2) Publishing publications on business, investment potentials and business environment in the region;
3) Promotion of support programmes for the SMEs, financed by the Ministry of Economy and the Development Agency of Serbia;
4) Promotion for students and pupils with an aim to promote entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial spirit in the universities, higher vocational schools, secondary schools and primary schools.